Liver is the largest organ in size, delegated to perform some directed tasks in our body’s metabolic cycle. Some of these functions are-
• Eliminating toxins and bacteria from our body
• Prevention from attacking infections
• Regulating the human immune system
• Process all nutrients, medications and the hormones expelled by various glands
• Responsible for producing bile which helps our body absorb fat, fat-soluble vitamins, and cholesterol
• Producing blood clotting proteins
When a person’s liver is not functioning normally and no medicinal help is fruitful the last resort for that person is a liver transplant.
Liver transplant is a surgical procedure for removing the problematic liver and replacing it with a healthy one from a living or a deceased donor. Today, the increasing number of liver ailments have drastically risen the demand for liver transplant. The compared demand for the procedure is quite higher than the available liver of deceased. Hence, the alternative of harnessing it from a living is the only choice. Just a part of the healthy liver is removed and transferred, the organ regenerates and grows to full size shortly after the surgery.
The condition generally arises for people whose liver condition is extremely bad and cannot be cured with medicine or therapy. Also, the people with liver cancer might undergo a liver transplant too. The course of a liver failure can vary from weeks to years. The short-term liver failure is called acute liver failure, which takes weeks to corrode the organ and generally happens by damage through medication injury. The counterpart takes time, from several months to years for any serious sign to show up its called chronic liver failure. In both the cases transplant is inevitable.
Chronic Liver condition can happen due to a variety of reasons-
• The most popular reason is scarring of the liver. It’s the condition when a scar tissue replaces the normal liver tissue and impairs the liver function.
• Hepatitis B and C
• Heavy damage due to long-term alcohol abuse
• Fatty liver diseases
• Generic reasons associated with liver
• Diseases affecting the bile duct, for example, primary biliary cirrhosis, primary sclerosing cholangitis and biliary atresia etc.
Another way is being diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, which requires a Pancreatic Cancer Treatment In India, as the treatment here is quality and economic.
The first thing you need to be prepared for is a lot of waiting! Before you are put on the transplant list there are a number of tests you have to perform. After your prognosis is confirmed you will be put on a transplant list, where you wait for a diseased person liver. It can take a very long time for this, might vary from months to years. As a substitute, you can go for a living person liver, which requires a tremendous amount of paperwork. One more way is by taking the part from a family member, this method is a faster than the other 2 in terms of procedure.
Now, what’s left is to find the best liver transplant hospital in Delhi because they have the most experienced doctors and the most equipped hospitals of them all.
Aug 06, 2019 0
Jul 31, 2019 0